the soft tissues of the right frontoparietal scalp. No underlying
Anterior circulation: No flow-limiting stenosis or aneurysm.
Posterior circulation: No flow-limiting stenosis or aneurysm. Normal
Dural venous sinuses: Patent.
Additional comment: None.
Proximal great vessels: No flow-limiting stenosis or dissection.
Left distal cervical ICA is focally severely narrowed with small amount of flow seen within the segment. There is an associated perivascular hematoma. There is symmetric flow in the bilateral carotids distal to this with symmetric flow intracranially. Mild narrowing of the left carotid bifurcation.
1. Focal severe narrowing of the distal left cervical internal carotid artery with associated perivascular hematoma consistent with vascular injury. Small amount of flow seen at this segment with symmetric appearance of the intracranial vessels.
2. Increased hyperdensity anterior to the ventral cord extending from the cervicomedullary junction to the level of C4 concerning for acute epidural hematoma with some mass effect on the cervicomedullary junction.
3. Occipitoatlantal dissociation with widening of the basion to dens distance and space between the arches of C1 and C2.
4. Multiple soft tissue abrasions and lacerations with acute soft tissue hemorrhage in the right frontoparietal scalp.
5. Mild narrowing of the left carotid bifurcation. It is unclear if this finding is due to atherosclerotic disease or vascular injury.
6. Mediastinal hematoma and lung contusions in the bilateral lung apices better characterized on today's chest CT.